Tuesday, February 26, 2013

SAN MIGUEL DE ALLENDE

 
"Rooftops of San Miguel" (study)
6"x8"     Oil     $95.00
Click here to purchase
 
This is the study of a larger painting I have in the works.  You're on the roof of a villa in San Miguel where we spent a week for the wedding of my granddaughter.  The wedding was also held here in the villa.  Perched on the side of a hill, the views were fabulous, and I was taken with the unusual view of the rooftops.
 
"San Miguel Window"
8"x6"     Oil     $95.00
Click here to purchase
 
I love San Miguel.  Everything about this beautiful village inspires me to paint....doors, windows, street scenes, people, flowers.....and more.  I look forward to returning.
 
"La Entrada"
6"x8"     Oil     $95.00
Click here to purchase
 
This is the entrance of a home we rented in San Miguel.  It was breathtakingly beautiful, and charming at the same time, which sounds confusing, but it was truly a treat to stay there.  It came equipped with a gardener, housekeeper, and a cook, who shopped for fresh food at the market each morning and prepared breakfast, lunch, and left a prepared supper before she departed in the early afternoon.  What a life!
 
As you may have guessed by now, I'm way behind on posting to my blog.  Here is
 the reason....Winslow (6+) and Story (3), great-grands from Austin, and it was a good thing!
They brought their dad, grandfather, an aunt, a great-aunt, and two cousins....
 
As you can guess, Lucie stayed under the bed!
 
Stay tuned.....we'll take a trip to another location next time....
 



No comments:

Post a Comment